Generals Fan
2003 - 2004

NAVIGATION

Menu
Photos
News
Links

vs. the Greenville Grrrowl - 12-26-03

Statement from Matt Brown, Managing Director, Greensboro Coliseum Complex on future of Greensboro Generals hockey: "It is with great regret we must announce the Greensboro Generals will not be returning to the ice for the 2004-05 season." "Over the past several weeks, we had entered into serious negations with three potential ownership groups; a group of local area businessmen, an NHL franchise and a group of out-of-town businessmen. Unfortunately, however, our exhaustive efforts to secure an ownership group were ultimately unsuccessful." "I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Art Donaldson for his sacrifices over the past five years to keep the Generals in our community. I would also like to recognize ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna and Generals head coach Rick Adduono for their assistance in the search for a potential ownership group. Finally, I would also like to personally thank the Generalsт€™ season ticket holders and sponsors for their support this past year."
Image 2 (12-26-Bayrack.jpg)
01/04/2004 at 10:59530x400
First Image Previous image 376x505 pixels (30K) Next image Last image

Back to the main thumbnail page   Also available:
Full size (30K)